Thursday 29 April 2010

Vietnamese Spring Rolls









I tried my hand at making Vietnamese spring rolls, I picked the wrappers up in the chinese supermarket for less than a quid!

I cooked off some prawns with some five spice and I planned to serve the rolls cold. I mixed those with some shredded carrots, beansprouts, mushrooms, and rice noodles and maybe some other stuff but I can't remember now.

You have to put the wrappers into hot water to make them flexible which is quite weird and I found them quite hard to work with, perhaps practise would make it easier.

I liked them but Richard thought they would be hot like the normal spring rolls you get in the chinese, so we decided to fry one and see what it would be like. Rich prefered them fried, I liked them cold, more fresh on the mouth if you know what I mean.

The dip is just the Yakatori left over from the chicken I made the other week - that sauce would make any old shite taste good!

No comments: