Tuesday 6 April 2010

Tuesday 30th March - Macaroni and cheese



Tonight you'll be surprised in that I have eventually made our dinner from scratch.





I started off with a white sauce, by melting butter, adding flour and cooking it out. I gradually added milk to make a white sauce, boiling it gently to thicken it, adding a wee bit of mustard (which Rich always moans about but I do it anyway!). Then I added half of the grated cheese, I like to use a really mature white cheddar.



I boiled some pasta and made some breadcrumbs and the dish was ready to assemble and bake. Because it was only for two of us I made it in individual portions, I'm a bit sad like that!



I mixed the pasta with the white - now cheese sauce - topped with bread crumbs and the rest of the grated cheese and popped it into the oven to crisp up. The crispy topping is the best part!



I had rocket with mine to break it up - we all know by now Richard didn't!!

It was delicious!!

No comments: