Monday 10 May 2010

Hestons Tagliata Steak







Richard sent me this recipe the other day and decided it was something we should try, probably because I have this ridiculous love feast going on for rocket and because it included steak topped with cheese. If you top anything with cheese Richard will eat it - including he says shit! This is the man I am marrying, how proud I am!

Following @BigSpud on twitter, I noticed that he too had tried it. Which I thought was a big coincidence but apartly there has been advertisements about it all over the place, which I haven't seen, 1 because we don't have waitrose in Scotland and 2 because I sky plus everything as I hate adverts!

I got 2 lovely sirloins from Andrew Gordons and made Richard do the frying, because I am such a girl and scared of hot oil!

I have to say although the steak and indeed the recipe was delicious I just don't think there is such a big difference from Hestons near deep frying method and my usual oil to meat, meat to dry griddle pan, but hey Heston is a genius is he not?

Richard also commented when eating it that it smelt nice, which prompted me to ask, "does that mean it doesn't taste nice?" He assured me it did, he was just saying is all!

No comments: